People often ask me about the name of my blog... click here to read the story.







Saturday, April 11, 2009

Justified

Justify: 1)to prove to be right or reasonable or 2) to regard as righteous or worthy of salvation

Everyday I try to justify myself: to prove myself or my action or thoughts as right or reasonable.
When I sin, I make excuses.
I don't want to admit my mistakes.
I don't want to be wrong...I want to be justified... to be regarded as worthy.
I want to do it on my own.
I don't want to need someone else to justify me so I can be worthy.
I want to stand on my own merits.
I don't want to need someone else to justify me.
But here's the sad fact: on my own, I'm utterly hopeless.
I screw up all the time and even when I do do nice things, all the crap outweighs the meagre good.
The only way I can be justified or proved right or regarded as righteous and worthy is through Jesus...the only human who didn't screw up.
He's the only one who can justify me...make me righteous. Only through His perfect sacrifice...on the cross, am I able to be ok.
So while you're dining on your Easter ham or enjoying your jelly beans tomorrow chew on this: "This righteousness from God comes through faith in Jesus Christ to all who believe...for all have sinned and fall short of the glory of God, and are justified freely by his grace through the redemption that came by Christ Jesus." Romans 3:22-24

2 comments:

Chris Godfredsen said...

Amen, Patty. I thank God for Romans passage - it certainly takes some of the heat off. I also love Jesus' words on the cross...Father, forgive them, for they know not what they are doing.

I pray that as we continue to trudge along, that we will learn a little more of what we are doing - but that all we do is with the certainty of Romans 3:22-24.

Lauri Pierce said...

Mm, so true. You are not alone in this. And, what's neat is, with Christ, we have our justification.

God is more amazing than this human mind can express.

Happy Late Easter! X)