People often ask me about the name of my blog... click here to read the story.







Sunday, April 19, 2009

Eagle Eye

We watched the movie "Eagle Eye" last week. A sci-fi, techno thriller, it's basically about a rogue computer that has access to literally everything and everyone--intimate details of everyones personal lives.
You only know what I tell you about me. Anyone in my life only sees or knows what I share. They may make observations about body language or tone of voice and infer things about what I'm thinking or feeling...but no one knows anything for sure about me (or you) unless we share it.
Accept, of course, God.
He knows it all. The good, the bad, and the really really ugly. Whether I bring my anger, pain, hurt, judgmental attitude, or jealous spirit to Him or not, he knows it.
I heard Sheila Walsh speak several years ago and she said something that stuck with me: "God has seen the whole movie of my life and he loves me anyway."
He, the real Eagle Eye, sees it all and loves me anyway.
So yesterday, as I sat watching the rain and playing a spiritual game of "He loves me, He loves me not" in my head (based, mind you, on my own perceptions), plucking imaginary petals off a fictitious daisy, He reminded me of His Eagle Eye.
"But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: while we were still sinners, Christ died for us." Romans 5:8

2 comments:

Chris Godfredsen said...

Praise God for that scripture. I thought perhaps I was the only one to ever play the fictitious he loves me, he loves me not game!?! Here's to living for him because he died for us while we are still sinners!

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

This speaks to my heart tonight. He loves me anyway. This is the reminder I needed! Thank you, sister.