People often ask me about the name of my blog... click here to read the story.







Monday, May 31, 2010

Man of the Hour



"There is still no cure for the common birthday." John Glenn

For me, turning 40 was hard. I don't think it was the number, I think it was all the physical changes that occurred within weeks of the milestone: tiny wrinkles, visible veins where you don't want visible veins, dimmed eyesight, slowing brain etc... But despite all that, I've tried to embrace the 40's and three years later, there's a glimmer of hope that I'm progressing. Maybe by the time I hit 50 I'll have come to terms with 40.

The 40's are a thing of the past for you.
Today, you're turning 50.
And I know it's hard for you.
I don't know what to say to make it easier except to remind you that you are a loved man.
Your children look up to you and crave your words, attention and time from you because they value you so much.
Your siblings (including in-laws) appreciate your humor, talents, and steady character.
Your mom, even with her rapidly declining faculties, still knows when you're near and smiles.
Your parents in law adore you...and have told me again & again how thankful they are that you married their daughter.
Your friends see your wisdom & discernment and seek it out.
Your clients are in awe of your skills and proudly show off their homes naming you as the builder.
And your wife? Your wife is humbled again and again by the incredible gift given to her in all that you are. She wouldn't be the woman she is without your love, patience and encouragement. She thinks you're amazing.

You are loved, Brad.
Loved to the core of your being for all God's made you to be.

"I thank my God every time I think of you." Phillipians 1:3

No comments: