People often ask me about the name of my blog... click here to read the story.







Friday, October 2, 2009

As I was doing my hair this morning, it struck me that we spend a lot of time taking care of dead things.
Our hair is dead, yet we spend time, energy and money to make it look nice.
Our nails are dead, yet we file and paint them so people will notice.
They are dead.
It got me thinking about all the other dead things in my life that I dress up, decorate, spend time, money and energy on...

"We died to sin; how can we live in it any longer? Or don't you know that all of us who were baptized into Christ Jesus were baptized into his death? We were therefore buried with him through baptism into death in order that, just as Christ was raised from the dead through the glory of the Father, we too may live a new life...For we know that our old self was crucified with him so that the body of sin might be done away with, that we should no longer be slaves to sin- because anyone who has died has been freed from sin." Rom 6

2 comments:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

This is why I love you.

You find truth, even in the dead things. (Ok but that's not the only reason I love you.)

janelle said...

And the past too; how much time I spend on the past! It's dead and gone!!! Praise the Lord