People often ask me about the name of my blog... click here to read the story.







Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Sisterly Love



"In thee my soul shall own combined the sister and the friend." Catherine Killigrew






Dear Kameron,




When I reflect on who you are, the single most descriptive word that comes to mind is humble. Even as you read the last sentence, I imagine you, with tears welling up in your eyes, shaking your head, denying the truth of it.


And it is true, Kameron. I have never, in my life, experienced an ounce of judgement from you...never...not even when it would have been justified.

You freely lavish grace on each person blessed enough to have even a casual conversation with you.

Your faith, tested and tried, is a beautiful, deep, rich well that I've been privileged from which to drink and grow.

Your words of wisdom and understanding have been a balm to my soul my entire life.

Your kindness and mercy drench those around you with God's love.

You are amazing...beautiful, intelligent, creative, funny, wise, discerning, well read, and strong... and you have no idea.

May your birthday be filled with lavish blessings, not the least of which would be that you get a glimpse of how dearly you are loved...

Patty

1 comment:

Jennifer @ JenniferDukesLee.com said...

Hmmm, this must run in the family. I know another sister that reminds me of the one you've described here. Her name is Patty.

What a lovely tribute (and photo).